- Issued Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Both parties must be 18 years or older and have one of the following:
- State issued ID
- Valid Drivers License
- Original Birth Certificate
- Passport, Visa (not expired)
- Military ID
- Indian Card
- The cost is $60.00 cash or credit card (no checks please)
- Certified copies of Marriage Licenses are available for $5.00.
Information on Covenant Marriage License
Act 1486 of 2001 created an option for couples in Arkansas to choose a Covenant Marriage.
A man and a woman may contract a Covenant Marriage by declaring their intent to do so on their Application for Marriage license and executing a Declaration of Intent to contract a Covenant Marriage.
The Application for a marriage license and the Declaration of Intent shall be filed with the official who issues the marriage license. The Declaration of Intent shall contain the following:
- A Recitation signed by both parties.
- An Affidavit by the parties that they have received authorized counseling emphasizing the nature, purposes and responsibilities of marriage.
- An Attestation, signed by the counselor and attached to or included in the parties' Affidavit, confirming that the parties received authorized counseling.
- The signature of both parties witnessed by a notary.
- The Recitation, Affidavit, and Attestation shall be filed at the time the Covenant Marriage License is issued.
"Authorized counseling" means marital counseling provided by: A Priest, Minister, Rabbi, Clerk of the Religious Society of Friends, Clergy Member of any Religious Sect, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Associate Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Psychologist or a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist.
Did you know?
The County Clerk's Office maintains marriage records back to 1865! A great place to start on your family ancestry research!