You are here:  Departments - Treasurer & Collector - FAQ


Must submit a VA letter each year to receive benefit. Deadline to Submit Letter - October 15th Read More...

Treasurer/Collector Calendar

Lora Rice, Treasurer

Lora Rice - email


Collector Offices
Fort Smith Courthouse
35 S 6th, Room 105
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Mailing Address: PO Box 1358
Fort Smith, AR 72902
Mon - Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm
Ph: 479-783-4163

Greenwood Courthouse
301 E Center St Room 112
Greenwood, AR 72936
Mon - Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm

Phoenix Avenue East Revenue Office
6515 Phoenix Avenue
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Mon - Fri: 8:00am-4:30pm

Treasurer Office 35 South 6th, Room 112
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Mon - Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm
Ph: 479-783-5646
Fax: 479-784-1501 





When are taxes for real estate or personal property due?                                                                                                                  Personal or Real Estate taxes are due March 1 through October 15 each year.  Any unpaid taxes after the October 15 deadline are considered delinquent and the collector assesses a 10% penalty against the taxpayer. § 26-35-705 It is the taxpayers responsibility to make sure their personal property and real estate taxes are paid on time. Failure to receive a statement does not excuse you from the taxes or the penalties and interest.

What is the deadline for service-connected 100% disabled veteran benefits?
Submit a VA letter by October 15th each year to receive benefits.  This is an audit requirement.

Who do I contact if my address has changed?
You must notify either the Assessor or the Collector to assure proper billing.

What do I do if I have a different vehicle?
Notify the Assessor's Office by calling 479.783.8948

What is the homestead credit deadline?
October 15th.  Simply call the Real Estate Assessor at 479.784.1516 or contact them by email to have an application sent, or come by and fill one out. The Collector will apply the credit to your home when we receive your application from the Real Estate Assessor.

If I'm 65 or older or disabled, do I receive lower taxes?
If you are a home-owner and your home is your principal place of residence and you are 65 or older or disabled, you will qualify to have your property value frozen. This means that the property value on your home will not increase unless there is an addition to the home.  The tax amount may change if there is a change in the millage rate, but the value will stay the same.   Simply bring or send a copy of your driver’s license or any proof of age or your disability papers and the Real Estate Assessor be happy to apply the Freeze to your property values.  You can also contact them at 479.784.1516.

What about city liens?
City liens must be paid before or with taxes.





Fort Smith Court House
35 South 6 St.
Fort Smith, AR

Justice Building
901 South B St.
Fort Smith, AR

Greenwood Courthouse
11 Town Square
Greenwood, AR 72936

Sheriff Department
800 South A Street
Fort Smith, AR  72901


©2024 Sebastian County | Web Design and Development by Local Creative Agencies |