You are here:  Departments - County Judge - Veteran's Service - FAQ

Mauricio Gonzalez - email


Veteran's Service
35 South 6th Street,
Room G6
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Phone: 479-782-3421
Fax: 479-784-9250

8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Lunch (closed) 12pm - 1pm

Please note, we will not see our
Veteran's after 4:30pm. This
allows us the time to finish filing
all claims before the end of the day. 

Thank you for your understanding.



• Where do I apply for discharge papers? You may apply for your DD-214 discharge papers at and complete a Standard Form 180 or you may come to the office and pick up a form to obtain your DD-214, service medical records or military personnel records.

• How can I get a replacement medal? You may apply for replacement of any military medals you were awarded at the National Archives. These requests can take up to a year for results, and we cannot speed up the process.

• What are my benefits? There are various VA benefits for which a veteran or a veteran’s dependent may be eligible. Come to the office to apply, bringing the documents listed below.

• What do I need to bring to apply for benefits? If you wish to apply for VA benefits the following information and documents are required. In order to apply for a veteran’s compensation or pension, the following documents will be needed:

  • ALL - DD 214 - (Discharge papers showing actual service)
  • Marriage license (if going to claim spouse as a dependent)
  • Birth certificate & social security card of children under age 23, who are attending school and who are still living at home
  • Divorce decrees and/or death certificates of prior marriages
  • Medical reports - Name, address, phone #, date and reason seen (not VA clinic nor VA hospitals - those will be requested by this office)
  • If one receives Social Security one will need the letter stating current amount of benefits (usually receives in Dec.)
  • Social security number of present spouse
  • Account Information, routing number and the name of bank

• How can I enroll in the VA Health Care System? Enrollment can be done in our Office

• How can I reach area VA health care facilities?

  • VA CBOC Clinic in Fort Smith, AR : 479.441.2600
  • VAMC, Fayetteville, AR: 1.800.691.8387
  • Fayetteville Veterans Home: 479.695.0178.

• How can I find out if I’m eligible for services? For eligibility information and forms call 1.800.827.1000 Department of Veterans Affairs or visit the web page [].




Fort Smith Court House
35 South 6 St.
Fort Smith, AR

Justice Building
901 South B St.
Fort Smith, AR

Greenwood Courthouse
11 Town Square
Greenwood, AR 72936

Sheriff Department
800 South A Street
Fort Smith, AR  72901


©2024 Sebastian County | Web Design and Development by Local Creative Agencies |