Cooperative Extension Services
The University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service provides information for residents of Sebastian County. Our name includes the University of Arkansas because as a part of the Division of Agriculture, we are the University of Arkansas's link to everyone in the state.
Cooperative means that federal, state, and county governments, as well as local citizens through a county Extension Council, cooperate to plan, develop, and finance educational programs.
Extension means that we extend the university and its resources as well as those of the United States Department of Agriculture to all Arkansans. We deliver information one on one or to groups. Our classroom is wherever we meet someone seeking information - in an office or meeting room, at home or in the field. Extension also brings you information through direct mail, demonstrations, tours, workshops, seminars, newsletters, publications, radio, television, newspapers, videos, satellite and computer programs as well as online.
Service may be last in our name, but it is our first priority. We are educators offering programs and information in the areas of Agriculture, Economic and Resource Development, Families, Home and Garden, and 4-H Youth Education.
For more information, please visit http://www.uaex.edu/sebastian/
- Providing educational programs such as the Sebastian County Forage Improvement Program, and the Expanded Food Nutrition Education Program
- Providing community support with events and programs such as the Sebastian County Beef Producer’s Lunch, Walk Across Arkansas, and the Arkansas Drought Resource Center
- Providing professional support and training through programs like the Early Childhood Professional Development Program, the Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center, and Pesticide Applicator training and licensing
- Informing the community through publications including agriculture newsletters, Navigating Life’s Journey e-mails, and books like The Marriage Garden
- Providing educational programs and technical assistance to businesses, including Income Tax Schools and social media training