September 5, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
David Hudson, County Judge: 479-783-6139
Randy Hall, Solid Waste, District Director 479-452-4104
SEBASTIAN COUNTY FALL CLEANUP/GREAT ARKANSAS CLEANUP
County Judge David Hudson Calls for Volunteers
Sebastian County Judge David Hudson announced that the Fall Cleanup Campaign has been scheduled for Saturdays in September and October as a part of the Great Arkansas Cleanup Statewide. The County Cleanup Campaign maintains the natural beauty of Sebastian County and helps eliminate illegal dump sites.
Proof of Sebastian County residency is required by Arkansas Drivers License for disposal of trash at the cleanup site.
The Sebastian County Campaign will take place on Saturdays starting September 14, 2019 through October 19, 2019. Dumpster schedules and locations are as follows:
- Saturday, Sept. 14, 7 AM - 2 PM – Central City – City Hall
- Saturday, Sept. 14, 7 AM - 2 PM – Lavaca – Rodeo Arena Parking Lot on Rodeo Arena Road
- Friday, Sept. 20, 7 AM – 2 PM – Greenwood City - Street Dept. – 104 Bell Road
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 7 AM – 2 PM – Greenwood City - Street Dept. – 104 Bell Road
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 7 AM - 2 PM - Greenwood Rural - County Road Department
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 7 AM - 2 PM - Jenny Lind – Fire Station at Gate Nine Road
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 7 AM - 2 PM - Milltown – VFD Community Building
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 7 AM - 2 PM - Witcherville - Park on Highway 71 South
- Saturday, Oct. 5, 7 AM - 2 PM - Hackett – High School Gym on E. Greenwood St
- Saturday, Oct. 5, 7 AM - 2 PM - Bonanza - Street Dept. on Hwy 45
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 7 AM - 2 PM - Hartford – Water Department 205 So. Broadway
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 7 AM - 2 PM - Midland – County Park/Boyer Park Hwy 45
- Saturday, Oct. 19, 7 AM - 2 PM – Mansfield – Public Works Building
- Saturday, Oct. 19, 7 AM - 2 PM – Huntington – West Broadway at Cherokee Park
Note: The City of Greenwood residents may utilize dumpsters located at the Greenwood City Street Department North of the shop at the Recycle Center, 104 Bell Road, Friday, September 20th from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Saturday, September 21st from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dumpsters will be placed by 7:00 AM on Saturday and will be picked up by 2:00 PM on the same day. Dumpsters are picked up by 2:00 PM in order to be hauled to the Landfill and dumped by closing time (3:30 PM)
NOTE: Dumpsters will be staffed at all times to assure that only acceptable wastes are disposed of. The following items are NOT acceptable in the “dumpsters” due to Landfill regulations:
- Yard waste, grass, leaves and brush
- Used oil
- Hazardous or toxic wastes
- **TV’s Computers - Electronic Equipment
- Cleaning chemicals
- Herbicides or pesticides
- Paints or liquids of any kind
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Freon containing appliances (appliances using Freon MUST have the compressor removed before it can be accepted)
NOTE: Tires “will NOT be accepted” as a part of this cleanup campaign.
NOTE: Barrels used to burn trash “will NOT be accepted” as part of this cleanup campaign
NOTE: Computers, TV’s or VCR’s “will be accepted” with a trailer designated for these items at the Greenwood Street Department on Bell Road and at the Mansfield Public Works Building during their designated Cleanup time. Please contact the Solid Waste District at 452-4104 for a complete list of E-Waste recycle centers with dates and time of operation.
This cleanup is for Residents only and NOT for Commercial Disposal
Proof of Sebastian County residency by (drivers license) will be required prior to disposal